It’s been 2 years since we traveled to Portugal and it’s crazy how time flies! We had to highlight Lisbon as the inaugural “Destination of the Week” and create an Amor Mas Guide to Lisbon for a few reasons:
- Nothing but great memories of the city and this trip.
- A good reason to reminisce and sift through old photos.
- It’s a beautiful, sun-filled city whose weather was averaging 80°F at the end of October.
- The city is culturally vibrant and super interesting for history-nerds like us!
My experience will be shared via the photos that I took while there on my 4-day vacation. Although, this was before I learned the art of taking beautiful, editorial-worthy travel photos so bear with me!
Here’s my recommendations for a great trip!
- If you’re into affordable travel, stay at the Goodnight Lisbon Hostel
- If you’re in a hostel, make sure to join in on the various events and excursions hosted by the hostel. You’ll make new friends, experience some of the coolest, hidden gems in the city, and do it all without spending lots of money!
- Visit A Vida Portugesa(If possible, I would buy EVERYTHING the store has to offer!)
- Take a short ride into Sintra and visit da Peña Palace
- Have a visit to foodie paradise, aka the Time Out Market
- Make sure you get a chance to experience nightlife in Lisbon, and visit the infamous “Pink Street”
- Take a free walking tour around the city to learn about the history and culture of Lisbon
Enjoy the photos and catch a flight deal to visit a gem of the Iberian Peninsula!
Fun Fact: Portugal has its equivalent of the “blues” genre of music, except it’s called Fado and usually includes the use of a 12-string guitar.
Living in Spain, I learned very quickly that wine is essential to a great day! Portugal being Spain’s next door neighbor was no different, so while I was on my short break from school I coined the phrase “A sangria a day, keeps the boring away!” I’m pretty sure the picture below was taken around 11am, LOL.